HOCHTIEF ·
·

The departure hall with a commercial area ready exactly in airport's 100th anniversary.

On October 1st, a symbolic ceremony was held at the Poznań - Ławica Airport to open the new passenger terminal. The contract for expansion of the airport was performed by HOCHTIEF Polska Branch in Poznań. The event was a double celebration - almost 100 years ago, on July 26th 1913 Kaiser Wilhelm II inaugurated the opening of Poznań Airport Station, which were located in the site of the present Poznań-Ławica Airport.

The contemporary investment was carried out under a turnkey system consisting of three stages. The first stage of the works covered the construction of a new part for the terminal with a floor area of more than 17 800 square meters. The check-in hall and new arrivals zone (on the ground floor) as well as technical facilities for the whole building (on the underground storey) are housed in this building. The construction works of the 1st stage of the expansion of the airport finished on March 30, 2012 and allowed to provide efficient service for travelers at EURO 2012.

Finishing works for the office area in the newly-built part of the airport terminal (on the first and second story) as well as the new baggage handling area were completed in the second stage.
The third stage included among others alteration of the existing part of the passenger terminal and the construction of a new central area for security control as well as the construction of an internal road and the redevelopment of a car park.

The works began spring 2011 and ended in October 2013. This final stage of the works was result in the transformation of the current building into a departure hall with a commercial area. This extension allows the building to increase the annual number of passengers using the airport even to 3,5 million.